It’s incredible the difference in impression quality between vintage Craftools and today’s; this one is from the ’60s and it’s still as sharp as a tack.
listening to wagner’s ring cycle “with” clem is kind of incredible.
i couldn’t get out of bed this morning. i really just couldn’t. then jordan called me and told me i get to get a pair of shoes for doing inventory (something i’ve done about a billion times and am pretty good at it). it made me feel a lot better. not just because of the shoes, but just that she thought of me. then i texted my ex about the event he’s doing at gr next week for game night. we kind of flirted via text for a while, which was strange. i don’t know what it means, but it felt pretty harmless at the time.
all of this is to say that’s nice when people surprise you like that. maybe things aren’t so bad?
the other day my brother told me he would lock me out out of my room and clean it for christmas. it was so nice it made me cry a little bit.
dear universe, i just want to thank you for making it possible to get a new pair of shoes today. also thank you for flowers and my new haircut (which i love), but here are some of the other things i have on my wish list:
- a creative job that pays well involving either writing, art, make up, fashion, or making things.
- a bunch of jeans since i only have one pair that has a hole in them.
- new sheets because mine have nail polish on them.
- companies to send me more product to review: nail polish, nail strips, nail art accoutrements.
- more readership for the holy nail
- curating a scratch monthly mani box.
- creating a nail polish in honor of kate bush with floss gloss or some other really awesome nail polish line.
- growing the holy nail into an actual business.
- curating a nail art related gallery show
- a pet hedgehog or french bulldog (either is fine)
- my first trip abroad in 14 years. appropriate destinations include japan, china, bali, peru, and france.
- an apartment where i can be independent.
- mental health, physical health, peace.
thanks for listening!